Thursday, September 25, 2008

Friends

This is my friend Artwell, he was my 'card playing buddy'. He is one of the many exceptional nurses at Tshelanyemba Hospital


This is an amazing group of young people. Dr. Dawn Howse (front right) decided to put off a play for the yearly Salvation Army Congress. It was based on the book of Ruth from the bible. They practiced every day for weeks. It was performed outside in the evening. They did a great job.



This is my friend Anne, she came with me to Zimbabwe to assist in the Silokwethemba Projects. I think her month stay in Tshelanyemba had an impact on here that she won't soon forget. She plans to return next year. Thanks Anne.





The kid next to me is Jabulani, everyone calls him Jabu, he is one very cute kid. He is here with his friend.


This is the Senzeni Kids club. They are a group of local performers. The Silokwethemba Project bought them some fabric for their new costumes. They came to perform for me on my last week, they looked absolutely beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!!
I'm so sad I didn't get to go with you this year. Next time.