Sunday, March 2, 2008

Here is my plan

I've just bought the first tickets, this will get me to Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. Got it from a very southern guy in Kansas, of all places. My plan is to be very flexible during my year of travel, only booking one country ahead. Most of my time in Africa will be spend traveling over land, so thats easier to plan (sorta). The flights on the other hand take a bit of planning. I hope to have a ticket booked from Kenya or Ethiopia to India over Christmas before I leave Canada. I know myself, and if I don't have a 'bit' of a schedule to keep, I'll get stuck in a place that I like. Which I guess isn't really a bad thing, but I want to see other countries. So, the Christmas flight to India will force me to move on. From January to June, most tickets will be booked on-line. Although I'll probably have to have at least one flight booked to the next city, many countries will not let you in if you don't have an onward ticket, so we'll see how that works out. A friend that has travelled a lot told me you can often 'talk' your way out of this. 

2 comments:

Stacy Kaye said...

Wow! How exciting! I'm so glad you are doing this blog and we can all follow you on your adventure!

Patrick Moloney said...

Yeah Max!! Good on ya.