Saturday, January 3, 2009

Leaving Africa

It has been six months since I left Vancouver and my African leg of the journey is almost done. I have just four days left before heading to Mumbai, India. It has been an amazing six months. Here are some of the places I've visited:

Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Tshelanyemba, Zimbawe
Francistown, Botswana,
Johannesburg, South Africa
Cape Town, SA
Mossel Bay, Knysna, Jeffrey's Bay, Port Elizabeth, Coffee Bay, Durban, Nelspruit, - South Africa
Mbanbane, Swazliland
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Stonetown, Zanzibar
Paje, Zanzibar
Moshi, Lake Manyara, Serengeti, Ngorogoro Crater, Arusha, Mwanza, -Tanzania
Kigali, Ruhengeri, Butari, Gisenye all in Rwanda
Kampala, Jinga, Kabale, Lake Bunyonyi - Uganda

As always Africa has a lot to teach you about yourself. Volunteering in both Zimbabwe and Rwanda has been amazing, I always need to settle down for a few weeks and unpack. Traveling to a new city every few days can be tiring. I know I will be returning to some of the places that I've spent time in since July.

Now comes India. I know this country will have challenges for me. I still haven't set out a firm itinerary, that will come. I fly into Mumbai on January 7. I hope to keep you all updated on here.

2 comments:

Marna said...

I am going to get a map out and mark where all those places are! India - all I can think of is the book - a Fine Balance! Good luck and stay safe!!! By the way it is still snowing - you are not missing being here I can guarantee that! School next week should be interesting but they say it is to warm up and melt?? we shall see - there still is 2 feet in my yard.
God Bless
with prayers
marna

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.