Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Singapore and Beyond

I just arrived in Melbourne, Australia. I spent the past week in Singapore. I don't know what to say about Singapore. It was very expensive, especially after spending the past few months in India and SE Asia. Singapore itself is a beautiful city, it looks very 'planned' and 'manicured'. I stayed with a friend in the downtown core for the first part of the week. I think Singapore has more malls than any place I have ever been. It certainly would be the dream of a 'shopper'. For me, not so much. I spent the second part of the week with an old university friend from Newfoundland. It was great to meet up again.

I have no idea what is going to happen in the next six weeks. I had first planned to go to New Zealand, but it is very chilly there now and I'm not sure if I want to end my year of traveling in the cold. So I may head north in Australia and find a good beach.

No comments: