Sunday, March 8, 2009

Vietnam

I have been in Vietnam for just over a week. I first went to Ho Chi Minh, it is most commonly called Saigon. I have never seen so many motorcycles in all of my life. The Lonely Planet guide book warns you about getting across the street. You literally have to weave in and out of hundreds of motorcycles. It's crazy. I had no idea where I was going from Saigon, I looked at the my trusty Lonely Planet and found a small 'beach' town called Mui Ne. It was about four hours north, I got there and it was indeed by the ocean, but there was no beach. Apparently the beach washes away for certain months of the year, well March is one of those months. I had a good two days there just the same, I rented a bike and wandered around from one end of the town to the other. It was a very hot day, so I bought a pool pass at a really nice hotel and hung out poolside. From Mue Ne, I took the bus to Da Lat. This town is in the mountains, about 1500m above sea level. You can notice the difference in temperature right away, especially at night. Today I hired a local guide named Vu. He was great, he took me on his motorcycle to all the different areas around town and out into the country side. We were having an amazing day until about 3:00 when it started to rain, 'pouring out of the Heavens' kind of rain. By the time I got back to my hotel, I was soaked to the skin. I've posted some pictures again on Facebook, I figure since I can post the public link on here, it will be easier.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=229412&id=763065018&l=3ce0e

No comments: